Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Big Girl Outfit

I'm at the hotel, motel, um...conference center.
I am most comfortable in leggings, ballet flats, a long t-shirt, a denim jacket or cardigan, and my favorite pink scarf. Obviously, this uniform is not appropriate for work wear (for me, anyway). I have to class it up a bit.

I am still working on finding a professional look. Cardigans are my best friend as they are a quick cheat for a more colorful and interesting outfit. I've had this one since undergrad. It has served me well but is showing a bit of wear. I need to find some high-quality, yet affordable new cardi options for fall that can jazz up my work outfits.

Also, upon examination of this photo, I may need to buy my skirts in petite. I am 5'4" with short legs. I usually am just too tall for petite pants. However, I know skirts are more flattering on me when they fall just above the knee.

The challenge for me is to look professional, but not boring. I need more color and accessories I think to make this happen. Nothing crazy, just a little more fun.

Until I can wear leggings to work (which will be never), I want to slowly make some adjustments to my professional wardrobe that help me to feel fresh and confident.

Where do you like to shop for work wear?

Pretty OPI gel manicure. For the life of me, I can't remember the polish name.

No comments:

Post a Comment