Thursday, August 23, 2012

Slouchy Polish

Yes, I am quite short. And these pants were already hemmed once! 
For the past three days, I have been at a training conference. Today, finally, was my first day in the office. I got my cubicle, started using Microsoft Calender like a real cool cat, and got terribly overwhelmed by the many new systems I have to learn in the next week.

My outfit, however, was not a concern today. It was comfortable and I felt polished. Don't you hate it when you work about the fit, style, or appropriateness of your outfit all day? These bad clothing days make me feel antsy and dumpy. This was not one of those days.

The outfit is nothing fancy, but I felt pretty in my tiered silky shirt, wide leg trousers, and pointy toed flats. I kept everything simple, but the fit felt good. I also united the outfit with accents of gold. There are gold details on my shoes, a gold belt, a gold necklace, and a gold bangle.

While my new desk chair may not be too comfy, at least my clothes were. Success!
These pictures were taken at the end of my day. Yay for hairspray. 

My tuckered out feet just couldn't handle heels again today.
A gift from my friend in celebration of my new job.
Outfit Details: Shirt-Ann Taylor via Gabriel Brothers, Cardigan-Target (Merona), Pants-Kohl's, Shoes-Nine West via Marshalls, Belt-Banana Republic Outlet, Necklace-Kate Spade (gift), Bangle-Kate Spade (gift)

No comments:

Post a Comment